Richard B. Stambaugh '34 , on January 17, 1998. He was eighty-four and a resident of Phoenix, Arizona.

Dick majored in classics at Kenyon, where he was a member of Sigma Pi and Phi Beta Kappa. Graduating cum laude, he joined Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company in Akron, Ohio, and earned his doctor of science from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1941. A specialist in electronics, Dick served as superintendent of the development laboratory at Goodyear Atomic Corporation, which operated the atomic energy plant in Portsmouth, Ohio. Subsequently, he served as manager of the research analytical services department at Goodyear Tire & Rubber in Akron.

Dick's hobbies included horseback riding, electronics, woodworking, golf, and bowling.

He was survived by his wife, Sara Lopez Stambaugh, who died on October 2, 1999. They had two children, Priscilla S. Homan and Richard Bruce Stambaugh.

Edward G. Brouse '42 , on June 4, 2006, after a long struggle with Alzheimer's. He was eighty-six and a resident of Walpole, Massachusetts, formerly of Buffalo, New York.

Ned attended Lafayette High School in Buffalo, New York, and graduated from Western Reserve Academy in Hudson, Ohio, where he captained the golf team his senior year. He graduated cum laude in economics from Kenyon, where in his senior year he was president of the senior class; president of his fraternity, Beta Theta Pi; captain of the golf team; won the Ohio Collegiate Conference Diving Championship; and was honored as the student who had done the most for Kenyon College. He was on the swimming and golf teams all four years, and played football his freshman year.

He attended the Harvard Business School and served two years in the Navy, in the South Pacific, where he earned three ribbons and two battle stars. Ned was an Eagle Scout as well as an avid golfer and tennis player, and was blessed with an entertaining sense of humor. He served on the boards of the Buffalo Country Club and the Buffalo Club, and was a member of Gadiva. Ned retired as a partner of Trubee Collins and Company, Inc., in Buffalo, after a long career as an investment advisor.

Ned is survived by his wife of sixty-two years, Ann (House); son, Edward G. Brouse, Jr., of Charlestown, Massachusetts; daughter Cristy and her husband, William W. Richardson, of Pittsford, New York; daughter Laurie and her husband, William E. Diercks, of Carlisle, Massachusetts; and three nieces, one nephew, six grandchildren, and three step-grandchildren. He will be greatly missed by his family and friends. Memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association, 225 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 17, Chicago, Illinois 60601,

Lane K. Thompson 1943 , on May 12, 2006. He was eighty-five and a resident of Shaker Heights, Ohio.

A graduate of Mount Vernon High School, Lane was a member of Delta Kappa Epsilon while at Kenyon, which he attended from September 1939 through June 1941. He earned his BA from Western Reserve University. He entered the United States Air Force in August 1942, and was commissioned as a second lieutenant at Guadalcanal in June 1944. As a radar operator in the South Pacific and the Philippines during World War II, Lane escaped injury in a crash landing in 1944, but had to hike from the crash scene to the front lines. He was discharged from active duty in February 1946 as a first lieutenant, and earned the Air Medal Four Clusters. He married Jacqueline Shreck in 1950 in Cleveland and worked for the Randolph Distributing Company.

Lane is survived by his daughter, Suzy Walker, and her husband, Ken, of Greensboro, North Carolina; son Steve and his wife, Marti, of Richmond, Virginia; son John, of Miami, Florida; grandchildren Kate, Caroline, and Chrissie Walker and Bob and Erick Thompson; sister Margaret Ann Bair of Mount Vernon, Ohio; and brother-in-law Alan Schreck and his wife, Nancy McCann, of Lakewood, Ohio. He was preceded in death by his wife, Jacqueline. Memorial contributions may be made to the Kenyon College Alumni Office, Gambier, Ohio 43022; or to the American Heart Association, P.O. Box 634445, Cincinnati, Ohio 45263-4445.

Henry Ashton Gregg '48 , on May 24, 2006, of Alzheimer's disease. He was eighty and a resident of Stillwater, Minnesota.

Harry graduated from the St. Paul Academy in St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1944, and enrolled in the U.S. Navy V-12 program, studying at the College of St. Thomas. In high school, he was involved in the school paper and played football, earning two letters. He was honorably discharged from the Navy in 1946, and entered Kenyon in October 1946. Harry graduated from Kenyon in 1948 with a degree in philosophy. He earned his law degree at the University of Minnesota Law School in 1954, and served as Ramsey County attorney for thirty years.

Harry was an avid skier and bicyclist, noted for riding his bicycle to the courthouse wearing a French beret. He attended evening courses at the University of Minnesota, studying Shakespeare and French until Alzheimer's began to take its toll. Harry was "a friend of Bill W," a relationship he maintained for forty years. His warmth, wisdom, and generous spirit attracted many others to the fellowship.

Harry was preceded in death by his father, Jesse Ashton Gregg '14 ; mother, Ruth Gregg; and nephew, Gregg Greenman. In addition to his father, other family members who attended Kenyon were his grandfather, H.S. Gregg 1881 ; uncles C.M. Gregg '14 , J.W. Gregg '18 , and J.H. Gregg '20 , as well as three of his grandfather's cousins, in 1881.

Harry is survived by daughter Katherine Gregg Hurson, her husband, Matt, and grandsons Gregg, Scott, and Nick; daughter Elizabeth Gregg Fanning, her husband, Brian, and grandson Max; sister, Virginia Gregg Greenman, brother-in-law John, nephews Charlie and Jeff, and niece Sarah Sheehan; half-sister Marguerite O'Malley Richmond; and Dr. John Middlebrook, friend of 65 years. Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer's Association of Minnesota-North Dakota, 4550 West 77th Street, Suite 200, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55435.

Edwin Wilson Watkins '50 , on March 9, 2006. He was eighty-one and a resident of Charlottesville, Virginia.

Ed was a teacher and poet whose work appeared in such journals as the Paris Review , Shenandoah , and the Kenyon Review .

Before coming to Kenyon, Ed served with Patton's army, acting as an interpreter for the French underground. At the College, he immersed himself in literary life. He studied with John Crowe Ransom, Alan Tate, Robert Penn Warren, and Robert Lowell, and served as editor of Hika . Ed was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and graduated magna cum laude with a degree in classics, going on to earn his master's degree from Indiana University.

Ed taught classics at the University of Texas at Austin, and at Virginia Commonwealth University and the Collegiate School in Richmond, Virginia. He was a publisher for the University of Michigan Press, Michigan State University Press, the Lyndon Baines Johnson School at the University of Texas, the Kentucky Press, the National Academy of Sciences, and the National Institutes of Health.

Ed is survived by a son, John Morton Watkins, of Oakland, California; grandsons Ethan Micheaux Hazzard-Watkins of Brattleboro, Vermont, and Jesse Reade Hazzard-Watkins of Amherst, Massachusetts; and daughters Nancy Reade Watkins of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Alice James Watkins of Arlington, Virginia, Virginia Watkins of Sheffield, Massachusetts, and Anne Watkins of Bridgeport, Connecticut. He is also survived by longtime friend Lina Ann Suddarth, of Charlottesville, Virginia, and her daughters, Lydia Katherine Greer of Portland, Oregon, and Rachel Elizabeth Greer of Dallas, Texas; as well as many other loving friends. Last, but not least, he is survived by the rabbit, Hippocliades, who ate half of Schubert's "Unfinished Symphony" and so is immortal.

Ed will be missed by many other animal and bird friends who came to visit him in his now-famous carriage-house apartment in Charlottesville. Ed's family and friends will miss his sense of humor, his amiability, his poetic sensibility, his keen knowledge of language, and his stories. They will especially miss his invitations to tea and cookies, which he gave to friends, family, and strangers alike.

Charles Denison "Denny" Blanchard 1951 , in 1983. He was fifty-four.

Denny graduated from Deerfield Academy in Deerfield, Massachusetts, in 1947, and attended Kenyon from September 1947 until February 1949. He earned his BA from Bard College in December 1951. Douglas Downey '51 writes, "Denny was my freshman roommate in Barracks 4. He told all who would listen (and many who would not) that he had graduated from Deerfield 'Magna Cum Lousy.' Denny transferred out at the end of our sophomore year. He was one of three Deerfield boys in my class, the other two being the late Tom Davidson '51 and the late Forbes Barton '51 ."

Carl L. Glaser 1954 , on April 4, 2006. He was seventy-four and a resident of Port Orchard, Washington.

At Kenyon, Carl was a member of Delta Tau Delta fraternity. He earned a degree from the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University in 1955. He and his wife, the former Mary Jane Hudson, had five children. After an initial career in college and university food service, at the University of California-Los Angeles, Colorado College, and the University of Puget Sound, Carl became a teacher and social worker, retiring as an associate professor in hospitality and culinary arts from Olympic College in Bremerton, Washington.

Carl was inducted into the Kenyon Athletic Association Hall of Fame in 1998, as part of the undefeated 1950 football team.

Richard P. Jankowski 1956 , on February 4, 2006. He was seventy-one and a resident of Pioneer, California.

Dick played baseball and was a member of Archon while he was at Kenyon, from September 1952 to June 1953. Dick moved to California in 1961 and worked in the printing industry for forty years. When he retired, he was CEO of Warren's Waller Press in South San Francisco, and his peers in the printing industry voted him Man of the Year. He was a member of Our Lady of the Pines Catholic Church of Pioneer; Crow Canyon Country Club in Danville, California; Elks; and Sirs in Mace Meadows. He enjoyed reading, crossword puzzles, football, and golf.

Dick is survived by his wife of twenty-three years, Patricia Jankowski, of Pioneer; children Richard Jankowski and his wife, Lorie; Shirley Jankowski; David Jankowski; Joe Zoria and his wife, Mona; Elizabeth Zoria; and Concetta Wilkins and her husband, Jason. He is also suvived by grandchildren Richard, Edward, Matthew, Nathan, Adam, Aaron, Andrew, Sarah, Cassidy, and Faith. He was predeceased by his sisters, Anna Sypek and Betty Pietryzchi, and brother, Gene Jankowski. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Lung Association, 919 Twelfth Street, Sacramento, California 95814, or to the American Diabetes Association, 2720 Gateway Oaks Drive, Suite 110, Sacramento, California 95833.

James E. Parsons '58 , on February 10, 2006, after a long struggle against complications from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. He was sixty-nine and a resident of La Jolla, California.

Jay earned his BA in English, cum laude, from Kenyon, where he studied under John Crowe Ransom and his advisor was Denham Sutcliffe. He won the De Rothchild Foundation and the Robert Frost poetry prizes. He was president of Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity and was active in drama club. He was also a member of the football, swimming, and lacrosse teams. He studied philosophy at Brandeis University, and received his PhD in Elizabethan-Jacobean drama from the University of Rochester, New York.

Jay was a scholar and a gentleman. He had a brilliant mind, and his sardonic wit often puzzled those who took what he said literally. His passion was reading, and he was an avid supporter of the La Jolla Library. He was a professor in the College of Letters at Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut, and in the English department at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts. His real love was scholarly research, and he worked at the Houghton Library at Harvard with a team of colleagues, collating and editing the manuscripts and journals of Ralph Waldo Emerson. He was co-editor of Volume VII of The Journals and Miscellaneous Notebooks of Ralph Waldo Emerson , and worked on many of the other fifteen volumes.

Jay received a Fulbright Lectureship to Morocco, where he taught at Mohammed V University in Rabat. He also gave lectures in Tunis and Vienna. While living in Rochester, he taught, edited for a major medical journal, reviewed plays for The Shakespeare Bulletin , and was a speechwriter for Eastman Kodak.

Jay met his wife of thirty-six years, Jan, at the Casino at Monte Carlo in Monaco, where they returned for their thirtieth anniversary. In 1989, they moved from Rochester to La Jolla. Before his disease, Jay was an avid skier, sailor, and tennis player. He was active at St. James Episcopal Church as a lay reader, lay eucharistic minister, church librarian, and officiate of morning prayer. Jay and Jan celebrated a belated thirty-fifth anniversary on a Mediterranean cruise, sailing from Genoa to Italy, Egypt, Turkey, and Greece.

Jay is survived by his wife. Donations are suggested to the University of California San Diego Foundation, School of Medicine, or the American Lung Association.

Frederick Lewis Snider '63 , on April 22, 2005, of respiratory failure. He was sixty-three and a resident of Prague, Czech Republic.

Fred was a scholar of Czechoslovakian history and lover of Czech culture whose accomplishments were so respected in that country that, as of March 2006, his posthumous installation into the prestigious Historical Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences was pending. As a young graduate student living in Prague during the "Prague Spring," he also became a personal witness to, and participant in, Czech history.

A history major at Kenyon, Fred did graduate work at the University of California, Berkeley, where he studied under the renowned visiting Czech professor Josef Polisensky of Charles University in Prague. Fred earned his MA at Berkeley in 1964. He received his PhD in central European history in 1973. The degree was awarded by both Berkeley and Charles University, and his dissertation was published simultaneously in English and Czech--a fact that reflected his fluency in Czech. (A talented linguist, Fred also spoke French, German, and Spanish. In Czech, his accent and idiomatic usage were indistinguishable from those of native speakers.)

He had perfected his Czech during three years in Prague in the late 1960s, where he was studying. He lived through the "Prague Spring" in 1968, when a liberalization movement was crushed by the Soviets. Fred did what he could to help his Czech friends and acquaintances. At substantial personal risk, he transported the children of a Czech citizen in his Volkswagen to a designated northern border crossing, to smuggle them out of the country.

During the dark period of Soviet repression following the thwarted rebellion, Fred's Czech friends found his wisdom, attentiveness, and help a constant source of hope and inspiration. Later, as a professor at Ohio State University, Fred arranged and personally funded exhibitions in the United States, and particularly in Ohio, of Czech artists of that late-Communist period.

Fred taught at Ohio State for ten years and played a leading role in establishing the study of central European history there. After leaving Ohio State, he and Kenyon classmate Michael Tannhauser '64 operated a private language school in Miami, Florida. With the help of many Latin American friends there, in 1985 Fred moved to Asunción, Paraguay, where he ran an English-language school.

In 1990, he returned to Prague, where he was well-known to members of the academic and artistic communities. In his later years, he was fully occupied with teaching English at the Czech Academy of Sciences, translating, and making regular visits to the States. His pedagogical technique was so subtle and effective that one of his best students, a Czech nuclear physicist, never realized that Fred also spoke flawless Czech. By birth and background, Fred would always be an American, but his intimate involvement in Czech society and culture had imbued him with the desire to end his days there.

At the time of his death, Fred was the leading authority on the formative period of Bohemian history following the Thirty Years War and the Battle of Bila Hora (White Mountain) near Prague in the early seventeenth century. He authored numerous articles on Czech history and did authoritative Czech-English translations, among them Polisensky's definitive History of Czechoslovakia in Outline . Among Fred's other historical works is his history of Charles University, commissioned by that institution.

Fred is survived by two sisters, Sarah Morton of Coronado, California, and Lucy O'Connor of San Francisco, California; a niece, Kirstin Ridgway, of San Francisco; a goddaughter, Adelia Gregory, of Columbus, Ohio; and many devoted friends on three continents.

Arthur M. Jackson III, 1969 , on April 10, 2006, after a long battle with kidney disease. He was fifty-eight and a resident of San Francisco, California.

Arthur attended Kenyon from 1965 to 1967. He studied political science and earned a letter playing soccer.

A successful San Francisco businessman and longtime civic leader despite years of debilitating illness from kidney disease, Arthur was active on city commissions, charitable foundations, and his employment agency right up until the day of his death. He served on the San Francisco Health Commission for seven years and was its president from 1994 to 1996, a time of tight budgets, when the city's public health system was deep in the throes of hospitalizations and deaths from the AIDS epidemic.

A self-made man who won respect and friends in the highest political circles of San Francisco, Arthur was remembered by his admirers for his public service, kind demeanor, and unflinching optimism. "In my political life, I have met thousands of people. Arthur was like a brother to me," said former San Francisco Supervisor Angela Alioto. Arthur sat on the Mayor's Council for a Ten-Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness, a panel headed by Alioto. "He was president of the health commission during its toughest time, and he always did the best for the people who were sick, as opposed to doing what might politically advance him," Alioto said.

Arthur ran unsuccessfully for the Board of Supervisors in 2002, against incumbent Chris Daly. He served on the boards of several foundations and organizations, among them San Francisco Suicide Prevention, Hamilton Family Shelter, the San Francisco Senior Center, and the San Francisco Black Chamber of Commerce. He was chairman of the San Francisco United Way Campaign in 1995 and 1996. Most recently, he was president of the city's Taxi Commission, to which he was appointed by Mayor Gavin Newsom in January 2002. "Arthur M. Jackson will always be remembered for his remarkable and inspirational service to the community, as a commissioner and a small-business pioneer," Newsom said.

Born in Chicago and raised for most of his childhood years at Westtown School, a Quaker boarding school outside of Philadelphia, Arthur made his way to San Francisco after attending Kenyon. At the age of twenty-threee, he started his own employment agency, Jackson Personnel Agency, which is widely recognized as one of the most successful African-American-owned businesses in California. The San Francisco Black Chamber of Commerce named it Business of the Year in 1998.

San Francisco Realtor Margel Kaufman, who served on the health commission with Arthur and counted him among her closest friends, said his positive outlook on life and his compassion for others was rooted in his Quaker upbringing. "He lived his philosophy. He took his job seriously and made the city a better place," she said. Arthur was first appointed a health commissioner from 1992 to 1996 by Mayor Frank Jordan, and later from 2001-2002 by Mayor Willie Brown. Kaufman said Arthur seldom missed a meeting and never complained about his health problems, which dated back to his childhood. He spent up to six hours a day several days a week in kidney dialysis. He was a regular at the dialysis unit of California Pacific Medical Center, and always took the time to counsel those who were new to the procedure. After waiting years for a kidney transplant, he finally received one in 2002. When the transplant failed, he did not complain.

Arthur served for the past two years on the board of the National Kidney Foundation of Northern California. Board President Kevin Kitchin said Mr. Jackson was "charitably inclined, and gave much more back to the community than most."

Memorials may be made to the National Kidney Foundation of Northern California, 131 Steuart Street, Suite 520, San Francisco, California 94105.

Paul K. Aono '71 , on April 21, 2006. He was fifty-seven and a resident of Honolulu, Hawaii.

Paul earned his BA in mathematics from Kenyon in 1971. Following his graduation, he was a teacher with the Hawaii Association for Retarded Citizens, from 1971-1979. Paul earned his MEd from the University of Hawaii-Manoa in counseling and guidance in 1981, and had worked as a psychological examiner for the State Department of Education, Honolulu District, since 1981. On a Kenyon alumni questionnaire in 1973, he listed his hobby as "searching for the truth."

Paul is survived by his wife, Elaine Shiozawa; his mother, Marguerite; and sister, Dorothy.

David R. Harbison '75 , on July 5, 2006. He was fifty-three and a resident of Briarcliff Manor, New York.

Dave passed away suddenly the evening of July 5, 2006, on the eleventh anniversary of the death of his father, David Harbison '48 . In the eulogy for his brother, George Harbison '76 wrote, "After high school, Dave followed in the footsteps of my father and Larry [another brother], and in 1971 enrolled at Kenyon College in Ohio. At Kenyon, Dave joined the Alpha Delta Phi fraternity, majored in economics, and continued to display his athletic prowess, excelling on Kenyon's golf and wrestling teams. We are so appreciative of the love and support we have received from Dave's Kenyon friends as we grieve over his death. Dave loved Kenyon, and many times through the years he told me that the friends he made while he was a student there so many years ago were among the best friends he had ever made.

"In 1993, after one of the longest engagements in American history, Andrea and Dave finally got married. In 1999, Dave and Andrea adopted their son, Robert. Dave was a proud and doting father. For those of you in contact with Dave over the past several years, you undoubtedly know all about Robert's exploits in Cub Scouts, soccer, school, and swimming.

"As many of you know, Dave loved golf, and he was an exceptional golfer. As the old golf axiom says, you can tell a great deal about a person by the way they conduct themselves on the golf course. In addition to being a champion on the course, Dave was also respectful, caring, giving, honest, fun, and disciplined. His conduct on the course truly reflected the content of his soul. Dave's tremendous sense of humor was always present, but never more so than when he was on the golf course. Once when I was playing with him and not playing very well (which was often), he said to me that he had detected a slight flaw in my game. Intrigued, I asked what that flaw was. With a straight face he responded, 'You're too close to the ball after you hit it.'"

After graduating from Kenyon, for many years Dave was a foreign-exchange trader for various banks in New York City and, briefly, Chicago. After surviving the World Trade Center disaster, he worked for Citigroup in mutual fund compliance.

Dave is survived by his wife, Andrea; son, Robert; mother, Nancy; brothers, Lawrence Harbison '72 , John Harbison '79 , and George Harbison '76 ; and sister, Grace.

Timothy Heaton McKee '75 , on April 12, 2006. He was fifty-three and a resident of Boston, Massachusetts.

Tim majored in studio art. After graduation, he moved to Boston, where he worked as a chauffeur for the Ritz Carlton Hotel and ultimately established and operated Boston Proper Limousine Service. Tim's skillful driving and considerable knowledge of art and New England history provided memorable tours for his clients. Among his family, Tim sparked many a lively conversation with his passion for antique cars and wooden boats. His seven nieces and nephews looked to Uncle Tim as a source of humor and fun.

Tim is survived by his foster son, Dan Allan, to whom he was devoted; his siblings, Anne Rex and her husband, Robert, of Charlotte, North Carolina; Lisa Nedelman of Mission Viejo, California; and Caleb Lodge McKee and his wife, Mia, of Naples, Florida. Friends may contribute to a scholarship fund at Camp Kawanhee in Weld, Maine, where Tim spent many happy summers in his youth. Donations may be sent to the George and Raymond Frank Foundation, P.O. Box 789, Yarmouth, Maine 04096.

Clinton A. Roenisch '83 , on February 12, 2006. He was forty-four and a resident of Kentfield, California.

At Kenyon, Clint was a member of Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity and majored in economics. He earned a CPA, and an MBA from the University of Chicago in 1988, and worked as a financial consultant, establishing Roenisch Consulting.

Clint is survived by his wife, Cynthia Carter Roenisch; children Brooks and Heidi; siblings Melinda Roenisch and David Roenisch, Jr.; parents Elizabeth Roenisch Crowe and Davis H. Roenisch; and stepbrothers Robert and William Crowe.

Keith A. Peterson 2001 , on May 16, 2006, of cancer. He was twenty-seven and a resident of Wickliffe, Ohio.

Keith was a 1997 graduate of Wickliffe High School, where he competed in track and cross country. He coached the Wickliffe swim team from 1998-2002, the Lake Catholic swim team from 2004-2005, the Philip Osbourne swim team from 2004-2005, the West YMCA swim team for three years, and the Willoughby swim team from 2003-2004. He was a manager and lifeguard at Wickliffe City pools for eleven years.

At Kenyon, Keith studied biology and competed in track and cross country.

Keith approached everything with a passion. He loved to share his knowledge and abilities with everyone he coached, taught, and managed. He touched the lives of many adults and children, and everyone will remember his beautiful smile.

Keith is survived by his mother, Deborah (Bowers) Peterson, of Wickliffe; father, Keith Peterson, of California; brother, Kevin Peterson, of Wickliffe; grandfather, Athur Bowers of Wickliffe; grandmother, Edith Peterson of North Dakota; aunts and uncles, Becky and Dan Richardelly of Mentor, Ohio, and Renea and Dareld Bellquist and Rita and Kent Tesch, all of North Dakota; uncle, Ronald Peterson of North Dakota; and cousins, Arianna and Aaron Richardelly. Memorials may be made to the Diabetes Association of Greater Cleveland, 3601 South Green Road, #100, Cleveland, Ohio 44112-5719, or to Hospice of the Western Reserve, 5786 Heisley Road, Mentor, Ohio, 44060, or to Gathering Place, 23300 Commerce Park Road, Beechwood, Ohio 44122.

Deceased alumni for whom we have no additional information

Carl Thayler '68 , on November 6, 2005. He was seventy-two and a resident of Palo Alto, California.

Other deaths

Karen G. Russell , on June 7, 2006. She was a resident of St. Charles, Illinois.

Karen passed away peacefully, surrounded by her loving family, after a short battle with cancer. She loved beautiful things, from people to art, to flowers, to books, to children, to golf, and much more.

Karen is survived by her husband, William '62 ; daughter Christina Alderman and her husband, Daniel; daughter Ann Russell '91 , her husband, Larry Flachmeyer, and their children, William and Edie; daughter Ellen Brannegan, her husband, David, and their daughter, Mallory; and sister, Linda, and her husband, Walter Shaw. To celebrate Karen's lifelong love of art, children, and learning contributions, memorials may be made to the St. Charles Public Library, 1 South Sixth Avenue, St. Charles, Illinois 60174.

Back to Top